Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Cock's Crow Signals a New Day...But Really? A Rooster?

When the cock crowed this morning (really. I accidentally set my alarm clock to the obnoxious rooster setting). Anyway, when the cock crowed, my eyes flew open and my first thought was Ephesians 1-4-22. I picked up my Bible and read. Ephesians 1:22, ..then Ephesians 4:22....or should it be Ephesians chapter 1 through chapter 4, verse 22. Ok, so I think it's supposed to be the latter.

The first thing that jumped off the page was in chapter 1, verse 21 & 22.
God has put Christ over all rulers, authorities, powers, and kings, not only in this world but also in the next. God put everything under his power and made him the head over everything
for the church (OK....We....Are....The...Church...so Jesus is over everything in us.) which is Christ's body. (whether we're at work, home with the fam or on vacation..WE ARE CHRIST'S
BODY) The church is filled with Christ and Christ fills everything in everyway.

That last part, He fills everything in everyway. That's what I want...for him to fill every part of me in every way possible. That's not unreasonable. I want my very pores to ooze Jesus. Not like a holier, above everyone else, holy roller, but I want people, both those that are his already and those that don't know him or me to be able to tell I've been with Jesus.

A result of this new understanding of who I am in Christ is I can no longer in good conscience be sarcastically rude to the person at the drive up window or that faceless person on the other end of the phone. I belong to him. I need to act like it.

Lord, please, fill me in everyway. Open my eyes to see and my ears to hear all that you are and all that you have for me to do. Thank you Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment