Monday, January 24, 2011

Word of the Day....Delight

This morning the little flip calendar on my desk said we should love God with such intensity that it makes any other love that we have look like hatred.  That is definitely not a quote…but you get the message.  Not exactly a church doctrine but it did open my eyes to what he wants from me.  I’ve read the scriptures that say, Thou shalt have no other God before me. Those that tell me God is a jealous God; seek ye first the kingdom of God…., delight thyself in the Lord.  But this little calendar put it in terms that hit close to home. 

Can you think of a time when one particular person held your attention?  When your friends didn’t hear from you very often?  You didn’t see your family often?  That one person was practically your whole world. 

It was an eye-opening statement.  I think I understand a little better what God wants now.  Delight.  Yeah, I’ve felt that before. 
Delight is that feeling you feel when you get to be with that one special person. 
Delight is that feeling you feel just thinking about that special person.
Euphoria.  I can’t believe this wonderful person is in my life!
I can’t wait to wake up and spend time with that person.
I go to sleep with a smile on my face at the thought of that person.
That person is the reason I smile.
I laugh …often in the presence of that person.
Almost nothing bothers me when I am with this person.
It took me years to understand delight.  But I think I get it now.

My Heavenly Father wants to be that One Special Person in my life. 
He wants me to run to him….first
            With my smiles, my fears, my tears. 
             With delight…euphoria even.      

O Heavenly Father, You are an Awesome God!  You lead me, patiently showing me the way to you.  Thank you for your words to me, for your comfort.  I choose you, Lord. 



  

1 comment:

  1. God is so awesome that he can take something bad and use it for good.

    ReplyDelete