Saturday, February 5, 2011

Say Cheese!

       If my life has a mission statement it might be, at least in part, Acts 4:13.  the last part of this says, "Then they realized that Peter and John had been with Jesus".

       I am not photogenic.  I've always said when I have my picture taken that it looks like a Mack truck stopped a little too close to my face.  But there are two pictures on my desk that are different.  It's still me, so it's not perfection by any means.  In them, I'm with family.  Now, if I know someone's gonna take my picture, I smile.  It usually does not help the final outcome.  But there's something different about these two pictures.  I'm with people I love, but it's more than that.

       I love the picture taker.  I am focused on him.  When I look at my face in these pics I can see a reflection of him.  Not his shape, but you can look at me and see that I had spent time with him. 

       Yep!  My life is a parable!

       My goal is that my very person reflect Jesus.  My eyes, my expression, my smile.  I want others to see me and say, "I realize that Renata has been with Jesus".

     Father God, I love you.  I want to spend time with and get to know you.  Lord, I want to bask in your presence and walk into life changed.        

















No comments:

Post a Comment