Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Here...You Take The Reigns


About a month after I got to Albuquerque I found a job!  The job at the doctors’ office was right up my alley.  I was able to use the skills I’ve learned over the last several years doing something I enjoyed.  The pay was pretty good.  I was able to catch up on my car payments.  And I now only have one month’s payment and the car will be paid off!  Yeaaaaa!

The doctors’ office is having money problems of their own and cut all the employees’ pay by 10%.  Everyone, that is, except the new girl.  That’s me.  Me, they cut 100%. 

My car that will be paid for with just one more payment...needs the transmission rebuilt.  To the tune of $1200 to $2400. 

And of course, I’m still staying with friends.  And my belongings are in storage 600 miles away. 

It seems all that I did have, I no longer do.  Poor me.  Can you tell I tend to feel sorry for myself?

I can say though, that no matter what comes my way….
            He is my God.
            He is my Protector.
            He is my Provider.
            He sees me and He cares for me.


When Jesus and the disciples were crossing the lake (Mark 4:35–41) and the storm came.  The disciples woke Jesus up and asked him, “Don’t you care that we will drown?”

Isaiah 63:9 says when I suffer, so does He. 
I Peter 5:7 tells us we can give all our worries and concerns to Him because HE cares for us. 

Does He care? 
YES! He Cares!

Just be still and listen.  Even if your world is upside down, His isn’t.  He reigns.  He’s in control.  Good thing!  This life sometimes feels like we’re on a runaway stage coach.  Careening out of control.
But…
Everything we’re going through….everything we’ve gone through (and some of us have gone through some pretty nasty stuff) He can make something wonderful from it. 
Some of us have made choices we’re ashamed of.  That we’d just as soon not remember.  I know, I have.
God has not been asleep.  He wasn’t dozing when that awful thing happened to us.  He saw.  He sees.  He knows what and who will come into our lives around the corner.  He sees the end. 

God can take that awful thing and actually use it in our lives.  That horrible thing will be the stuff beautiful flowers grow from.  Hard to imagine, I know; but I’ve seen Him do it in my life.  And He’s not finished.  There’s still more flowers to come.

This life is hard, to say the least, but let God drive.  Trust Him.  He loves you and has a plan for you. 

            Heavenly Father, Thank you for being my Provider and my source of peace.  Help me, Lord, to trust you when life seems out of control.  Father, I pray that I will always sing praises to you even when life ain’t so grand.  Thank you for being in control and for using these tough times for tomorrows' flowers.



No comments:

Post a Comment